Spend It Wisely Spend It Wisely

I must be missing something

This was well animated, and the voice acting was good and all, but for me this just didn't work. I just did not find this funny, and at times it even felt a bit dragged out.

I think the problem for me was that their seemed to be no solid theme for style. The animation is a badly mixed cocktail of clean drawings, blurred compressed images, real life images and that strange art work that Ren and Stimpy likes to make use of for the 'close ups'.

The jokes also seemed to be dragged out and bland, and mostly attempting to come form surreal antics.

Irod Bad! Irod Bad!

That is exactly how it went down!

That was just truely awsome!!!

if only I had seen this sooner, i could of saved me some money!

I wish they would put this on the deh veh deh so i can watch it over and over till i wear out the deh veh deh... ill watch it soooo much that the deh veh deh will get ruined in such a way, im sure it can happen.

either way, that was awsome!!!

Rising Death Rising Death

Confuzlement!

To be honest with you, I didnt watch all of it. Wnat to know why? It made enough sense for it to matter that it didnt make any sense. You clearly thought out a stoyry to this, but you failed to tell that story.

The animation was good in places, especialy at the start where he onfolds that bit of papper, and the loading screen looked realy good. Overall, i just think that you have rushed this. Epscially, for example the fight with the big guy, he jsut kicks him straight out the window... what the hell is up with that one dood!

overall... rushed.

RatherRandomReality responds:

Well, I did my best to come up with a 6:30min long movie for 2 months. You are maybe right it's slightly rushed, but writing a review about a movie that you didn't even finish watching is... wrong.

Why this? Why this?

Poor choice of medium

The music and story behind this 'game' would be better suited to some sort of animated graphic novel.

Their is no game here, you just hold the move right key.

Good music though

Evolution Squared Evolution Squared

cool game

But what is so freacky about being able to read that text?

shame this game was so short though. I find the water levels really hard, the controls just seem wrong to me. I think it is because of the way the guy rotates, i try to turn relative to him, rather then when i press the d key i move the right of the screen. im thinking more my guy will rotate right

SirRealism responds:

Aaaah, You're thinking in the car controlling way. If you think about it like a normal movementkind you'll be just fine! Thanks for the 8! ^^

Doom Triple Pack Doom Triple Pack

Sweet

TO be fair, I'm not to sure what exactly to say about this 'flash' submission.

At the end of the day, all you have really submitted is proof that Alchemy can indeed run C code seemingly natively through flash. I would love to here what you made of the actually using this Alchemy though.

I wonder just how graphically intensive you can make a game, and I wonder if you can use things like openGL... if so I may try to 'flashing' a few 3D games I am currently working on. I never did get that far with flash AS, so I am really liking the way Alchemy is turning out.

Thanks for the tech demo!